For making stir-fry’s or adding chunks of tofu to salads, purchase an “extra-firm” style tofu.
1. The tofu will be packaged in water. Drain the water.
2. Wrap the tofu in paper towels or a clean kitchen towel.
3. Replace paper towels when saturated and re-wrap tofu until very little water is released.
4. Cut tofu into large dice sized pieces.
5. Heat oil in a saute pan until hot.
6. Add tofu and brown on all sides until a light golden brown.
7. In the last few minutes of cooking, add 1-2 tsp of gluten free soy sauce or tamari, to taste.