Lemon poppyseed muffins
I’m always on the look out for a tasty baked goods that are gluten free and have minimal steps. My toddler loves muffins! I’d prefer for him to have ones with no gluten or refined sugar. These muffins have a lovely lemony flavor and are delightful. This recipe is from Elana’s Pantry. I’ve just done the nutritional analysis for the muffins below.
Serves: 24 mini-muffins
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup palm shortening (I use Organic non-hydrogenated palm oil shortening)
- 2 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoon poppy seeds
- In a food processor , pulse together coconut flour, salt, and baking soda
- Pulse in eggs, honey, shortening, lemon zest, and poppy seeds
- Spoon batter 2 tablespoons at a time into mini muffin cups that have been sprayed with oil.
- Bake at 350° for ~15 minutes
- Cool 1 hour
Notes: After making these once, I think adding a squeeze of fresh lemon would make them even more tasty! You are zesting the lemon so you might as well make use of it.
Per mini muffins: Calories 90, Fat 6g, Saturated Fat 2g, Cholesterol 40mg, Sodium 70mg, Carbohydrate 8g, Fiber 1g, Sugars 6g, Protein 2g