cocoa banana bread
1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cup all purpose gluten free flour
1.5 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3 large ripe bananas
1 cup sugar
1 stick unsalted butter, melted and cooled, or 1/2 cup canola oil
2 large eggs
2 tsp gluten free vanilla extract
1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a loaf pan with oil spray.
2. Mix the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt together in a bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, mash the bananas with the sugar.
4. Add the butter or oil, eggs, and vanilla extract to the banana mixture.
5. Add the flour mixture, a little at a time, to the liquid mixture. Mix well.
6. Mix in the nuts, if using.
7. Pour the mixture into the greased loaf pan and place in over for 1 hour. Let cool before serving.