1/2 cup orange juice
1/4 cup unsalted butter
1/4 cup sugar
1 cup gluten free flour (such as Pillsbury Gluten Free All Purpose Baking Mix)
1 cup almond flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 cups shredded carrots
- Beat egg lightly in large bowl.
- Add orange juice, butter, and sugar. Beat well.
- Sift together dry ingredients.
- Stir into egg mixture. Mix only until moistened.
- Gently fold in shredded carrots. These can be processed in a food processor.
- Spoon into well greased muffins pans about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Cool on a rack for 10-20 minutes.
Nutrition Analysis. Yield 12 muffins. 1 serving= 1 muffin
Calories 155, Fat 9g, Saturated Fat 3g, Cholesterol 25mg, Sodium 210mg, Potassium 85mg, Carbohydrate 16g, Fiber 3g, Sugars 7g, Protein 4g. 48% Vitamin A, 8% Vitamin C, 13% Vitamin E, 5% Iron